it was reported that Adelere Oriolowo, senator representing Osun west escaped an assassination on Sunday(yesterday) at Ikire town, Irewole local government area of the state, during a constituency meeting.
OAU VOICES however has taken another cursory look into the claim of assassination attempt on the life of Oriolowo according to the Senator, let us all run through this chain of events.
1. Oriolowo and Rauf Aregbesola are school mates and peers for long decades.
2. Oriolowo was drafted by Aregbesola to work under him when he was a Governor as Head of a plum agency.
3. Oriolowo was the preferred choice of Aregbesola as a successor in 2018 against the candidacy of the incumbent Governor – Gboyega Oyetola who was believed to be imposed eventually by Tinubu.
4. Aregbesola singlehandedly compensated Oriolowo with Osun West senatorial ticket against the backdrop of his lack of political experience suitable for such eminent position.
5. Oriolowo won but has remained loyal to the leadership of his friend and benefactor, Minister Rauf Aregbesola, a situation that does not flow well with Gboyega Oyetola who feels being spited.
6. Gboyega Oyetola believes that Oriolowo is still being prepared as an option for a war against his quest to contest again in 2022.
7. Oriolowo gave enormous support for Rauf Aregbesola against Gboyega Oyetola when the Governor was under serious threat sometimes ago when he wrestled against the alleged undermining by Rauf Aregbesola who wanted to organise 10 years anniversary of their APC reign in Osun State contrary to the position of Gboyega Oyetola who was insistent on marking 2 years.
8. Oriolowo as one of the greatest victims of the EndSars destruction saga did not receive the clear sympathy of Gboyega Oyetola.
Conclusively, there is an avalanche of factors that can impose the expansion of likely undercurrents in the assassination claim to suggest that there could be more than meet the eyes, is there a secondary target apart from Oriolowo and what for? Is this attempt on Senator Oriolowo’s life – a claim which the Senator validated on his social media handle , coincidental, accidental, or political?